Our Part in the Story:
Daily readings based on Sunday’s Narrative Lectionary text
January 31, 2016: Death of John the Baptist
Read a different text each day, and consider how it relates to Sunday’s lesson and to your daily experiences.
Monday, 2/1: Feeding the Five Thousand
- How would you feel if you were trying to retreat and rest, and needy people kept following you?
Tuesday, 2/2: Jesus Walks on the Water
- Why do you think that Jesus insisted on praying alone?
Wednesday, 2/3: The Tradition of the Elders
- Did the Pharisees have a point? Were the disciples fulfilling Isaiah’s prophesies?
Thursday, 2/4: The Tradition of the Elders
- Do you harmonize scriptures that contradict each other, or do you choose one over the other?
Friday, 2/5: Feeding the Four Thousand
- Despite the fact that this is the second time Jesus performs a nearly identical miracle of feeding the masses, the disciples still don’t understand. Why do you think Jesus chose people who don’t get it to be his closest friends?
Saturday, 2/6: The Demand for a Sign
- What makes you sigh deeply in your spirit?